Dr Samantha Chen is an Australian trained specialist General Surgeon with subspecialty training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery. She graduated from the University of New South Wales with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with First Class Honours. Dr Chen attained Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in General Surgery through Prince of Wales Hospital network.
Dr Chen completed two years of subspecialty fellowship training in Breast Surgery at Mater Hospital Brisbane and Royal Perth Hospital through Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand (BreastSurgANZ). During this time she completed a Master of Advanced Surgery in Breast Surgery with the University of Sydney.
Dr Chen undertook further training in the United Kingdom at the world renowned specialist cancer hospital, The Royal Marsden Hospital, in London. Here she gained invaluable experience in oncoplastic breast surgery techniques and breast reconstruction, which culminated in her appointment as a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon.
Dr Chen is currently appointed as a Breast and General Surgeon at Prince of Wales Hospital, The Royal Hospital for Women, BreastScreen NSW and Prince of Wales Private Hospital. She is a current member of Prince of Wales Hospital Breast Multidisciplinary Team, BreastSurgANZ, the Australasian Society for Breast Disease, Breast Cancer Trials and General Surgeons of Australia. She has published and presented internationally and is involved in recruiting for clinical trials.
- Wide local excision (lumpectomy)
- Therapeutic mammoplasty & local perforator flaps
- Mastectomy with skin and nipple preservation
- Implant-based breast reconstruction
- Breast duct excision for nipple discharge
- Breast imaging abnormalities
- Benign breast conditions including pain & cysts
- Surveillance for patients at higher risk of breast cancer
- Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- Abdominal and inguinal hernia
- Gallbladder surgery