Associate Professor Darren Katz is a urological surgeon who serves as Medical Director of Men’s Health Melbourne. He is a very approachable urologist who understands the importance of providing patients with the highest standards of multi-disciplinary care.
His aim is to deliver prompt, ready-access to all forms of urological management – either elective or emergency and is available 24/7 to GPs and patients.
Darren graduated from Melbourne University Medical School in 2001 and completed his advanced urological training with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He has spent 2 years at world-leading hospitals, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and Weill-Cornell Medical Centre, in New York completing advanced urological fellowships in andrology, urological prosthetics, male voiding dysfunction, incontinence and male infertility.
Darren has interest in;
• BPH and Voiding Dysfunction – Greenlight Laser, Plasma Vaporisation, UroLift, TURP
• Renal Stones – Minimally invasive endoscopic and laser treatments
• Erectile Dysfunction – Penile implants, Penile Duplex Doppler Ultrasound
• Male Infertility – Microsurgical vasectomy reversals and varicoceles repairs
• Male Incontinence – Slings, Artificial Urinary Sphincters, Botox, Urodymanics
• Raised PSA – Transperineal MRI-Fusion Biopsy
• General Urology – Haematuria, UTIs, circumcision etc.