Dr David Hayes was educated in Brisbane and received his medical degree from the University of Queensland in 1989. He completed his orthopaedic training and was admitted as a Fellow to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1999. He then undertook fellowship training in Adelaide, South Australia and Southampton, United Kingdom. He was also awarded the AOSSM Asia Pacific Travelling Sports Medicine Fellowship in 2002.
Dr Hayes’ research interests are directed to knee surgery and hip arthroscopy. He regularly lectures nationally and internationally, is actively involved in education through the Orthopaedic Outreach activity in Fiji, and continues to publish scientific papers in peer review journals yearly. Dr Hayes’ practice focuses on knee surgery, sports injury, joint replacement and arthroscopy including hip and knee arthroscopy.
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the Australian Knee Society
- Member Australian Arthroplasty Society
- Member Australian Hip Arthroscopy Association
- Surgeon to Brisbane Bullets Basketball Team
Dr Hayes has a particular clinical interest in knee surgery and hip arthroscopy.