Mr Gaurang Shah is a General Surgeon &
Mr Shah speaks fluent Gujarati and Hindi.
Dr Gaurang Shah offers a variety of minimally invasive and open general surgery but has a keen interest in
laparoscopic and open colorectal cancer surgery. He is certified by GESA to perform diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
Dr Gaurang Shah graduated from the prestigious
M.S.University of Vadodara, India in 2000 and the
completed his General Surgical training in 2006. He was awarded Gold Medal for ranking first in General Surgery in the university. Upon moving to Melbourne, Australia for further training he worked in Austin Health, Heidelberg for three years and Ballarat Health for two years. He then completed his FRACS in General Surgery from Alfred health, Melbourne. After completion of FRACS, Dr Shah worked in Townsville University Hospital in North Queensland for further training.
Dr Shah enjoys teaching medical interns and registrars via an honorary appointment at the University of Melbourne, Shepparton.
Anorectal conditions for hemorrhoids, fissure, fistula
• Laparoscopic and open colorectal surgery for cancer,
diverticular disease and inflammatory bowel disease
• All types of hernia (Laparoscopic and Open)
• Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and bile duct surgery
• Emergency general surgery for appendicitis, bowel
obstruction, perforation,complicated hernias etc
• Laparoscopic and open Splenectomy
• Skin and subcutaneous lesions excision, Carpal Tunnel
Release and Ingrowing toe nails
• Vasectomy and Hydrocele surgery
• Diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy and
colonoscopy (PEG Tubes, Dilatation of stricture, EMR)